E-Series double-hung windows have two operating sash that move up and down allowing for ventilation on the top, bottom or both. The sash tilt in for easy cleaning from the inside of your home. Made of wood protected by an aluminum exterior, it's our fully customizable double-hung window.
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Exteriors never need painting and won't crack, peel, flake or blister
- Extruded aluminum exteriors provide greater structural capabilities than thinner, roll-form aluminum
- Weather-resistant construction for greater comfort and energy efficiency
- Variety of High-Performance Low-E4 glass options available to help control heating and cooling costs in any climate
- Many E-Series double-hung windows have options that make them ENERGY STAR v. 6.0 certified throughout the U.S.
- 50 exterior colors, seven anodized finishes and custom colors
- Variety of wood species and interior finishes
- Extensive hardware selection, grilles, decorative glass options and more
COMPOSITE - THE SMART ALTERNATIVE TO VINYL
What Is Fibrex Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
- *See individual product warranties for more information.