Andersen 400 Series tilt-wash double-hung windows are engineered to provide outstanding performance and style. Combined with the tilt-to-clean sash, it's easy to see why it's our best selling double-hung. Exteriors use three different levels of protection from the elements. On the inside you have the choice of natural pine or low-maintenance white, dark bronze or black* finish. For added style there is a wide range of grille patterns and hardware options.
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Perma-Shield exteriors never need painting and won't peel, blister, flake or corrode
- Frame exterior is protected by a tough vinyl cover that resists dents and repels water and provides long-lasting protection
- Available with Stormwatch protection for coastal areas
- Weather-resistant construction for greater comfort and energy efficiency
- Weatherstripping is designed to seal out drafts, wind and water
- Variety of Low-E glass options are available to help control heating and cooling costs in any climate
- Many 400 Series dingle-hung windows have options that make them ENERGY STAR v. 6.0 certified throughout the U.S.
- Seven exterior color options
- Natural pine, white, dark bronze or black* interiors
- Add style with grilles, exterior trim or patterned glass
COMPOSITE - THE SMART ALTERNATIVE TO VINYL
What Is Fibrex Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
- *See individual product warranties for more information.