An innovative combination of solid wood, fiberglass and innovative Fibrex composite material provides superior strength and stability, making this our best-performing casement window. With a wide array of style options including factory-finished wood interiors, the A-Series casement window offers architectural authenticity and exceptional energy efficiency.
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Exterior finish never needs painting and won't flake, rot, blister, peel or corrode
- Exteriors are protected by a Fibrex material and fiberglass for long-lasting performance
- Weather-resistant construction for greater comfort and energy efficiency
- Variety of High-Performance Low-E4 glass options available to help control heating and cooling costs in any climate
- Many A-Series double-hung windows have options that make them ENERGY STAR v. 6.0 certified throughout the U.S.
- 11 exterior color options and a variety of interior options
- Extensive hardware selection, grilles, between-the-glass art glass and patterned glass options
COMPOSITE - THE SMART ALTERNATIVE TO VINYL
We developed a material that is 2x as strong as vinyl, performs better when exposed to extreme temperatures and delivers exteriors that won’t fade, flake, blister or peel. We call it Fibrex material. It’s made up of reclaimed wood fiber and PVC polymer that is fused together and is unique to Andersen.
What Is Fibrex Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
- *See individual product warranties for more information.
Your Home Is Waiting
Learn more about how our team can custom-fit the most effective windows to your style and budget needs by scheduling an inspection today.